Sweet and Spicy Turkish coffee
Recipe for two people
* 2 cardamom pods
* 1 inch of cinnamon quill (cinnamon bark)
* 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
* 3 teaspoons finely ground Turkish coffee
* 2 demitasse cups of water
To make vanilla sugar take 1 cup of sugar and add 1 vanilla bean pod, blend until the vanilla is mixed.
Crush the cardamom pods and break up the cinnamon quill. Note that there is a distinct taste difference to quill ed rather than ground cinnamon and additionally ground cinnamon adds an unfortunate texture to the coffee; spend the extra money on the quills for best results.
Add the coffee, vanilla sugar, cardamom and cinnamon to your coffee pot and then the water.
* Have the mixture come to a frothing (NOT boiling please)
* Move your coffee away from the heat (or turn down the heat) to let foam subside
* Have it come to froth again
* Serve into your cups
* Wait about 30-45 seconds to let grounds settle and enjoy.
* Stop drinking when you reach to the “sediments” in the bottom
* Now sit back, relax and enjoy your sensation!